We are equipped to handle any urgent care and emergency your pet needs. If you your dog, cat, or other pet needs emergency treatment, call us or come in immediately. Emergencies such as poisoning, hit by car, severe vomiting or diarrhea that doesn't stop.
See the list below of some for some of the common animal emergencies that require immediate veterinary care.
- Ingestion of poisons such as snail bait, antifreeze, xylitol, rodent poison, etc.
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop within 5 minutes
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Choking or difficulty breathing
- Excessive coughing or gagging
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Severe pain or extreme anxiety
- Coughing up blood, or blood in urine
- Bleeding from nose, mouth or rectum
- Injuries to a pet's eye(s)
- Inability to urinate or pass feces
- Obvious pain associated with urinating or passing stool
- Ingestion of poisonous plants
- Bone fractures, or inability to move leg(s)
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
- Chocolate ingestion
- Snake bites
- Allergic reactions
- Eye emergencies
**This is a partial list of animal emergencies. If your pet is experiencing an acute emergency of any kind, you may bring in your pet immediately or call to speak with one of our qualified staff members.
If there has been toxin ingestion, please bring the product and it's container with you to our clinic. We will also need to know how long it's been since ingestion.
At Silicon Valley Veterinary Specialists, we are here when you need us.